[Sca-cooks] Pillsbury pie crusts

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 4 13:41:58 PST 2004

Phlip wrote:
>I asked
>here first, listened closely, watched Alton Brown, and had at it until I
>understood the process thoroughly.

You just reminded me of something, not actually related to the making of
pies. Somewhere in one of these boxes (I just moved), I have a picture of
Alton Brown in black doublet and hose from around 1984-85. I was the
costumer for a production of Edward II at the University of Georgia and he
was playing Mortimer, lover of Queen Isabella. Though he got the fame and
the cooking show, I got Queen Isabella, who has been my wife for the last
15 years. He was a talented actor, played Hamlet one year as well. He also
trained as a steady-cam operator, and did a good deal of work as an
independent film maker. I think that comes out in his cooking shows.

OK, enough reminiscing...

Aoghann