[Sca-cooks] Back to the Forest! Fwd: RE: forestry reference?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 6 13:06:38 PST 2004

I hate to disillusion you further, but the earliest tales of Robin Hood
place him at Barnstable rather than in Sherwood.  To the north of Barnstable
there is a high hill which has a perfect view of the Great North Road for
about half a day's travel.  Rather than standing around in trees, Robin
could ramble to the top of the hill choose his future guests as they made
their way down the road and have plenty of time to prepare a proper welcome.
So much more dignified.

Bear