[Sca-cooks] Mute Swan

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 15:57:26 PST 2004

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:45:45 -0800, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> Is that the one they've called 'Frankenfish', that can actually get out of
> the water and _walk_ aways to the next stream/lake/pond? They're pretty
> ugly. And they'll eat about anything.

Yeah, the snakehead can move short distances on land, it is what has
enabled them to get into the great lakes....

> We have trouble with invasive plants here, but I can't think of any beasts
> that are a problem, unless you count that rat-like water-dwelling mammal
> near Corvallis... (Am I gonna catch it for that one! ;-)
>
> 'Lainie

I live in the land of Kudzu, which literally will overtake you if you
nap too long near
it.  It grows on and over anything.  I think it is an import, but it's
not bad to look at
once it is all green.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson