[Sca-cooks] Exotic but Tasty?

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sat Nov 6 19:13:04 PST 2004

Was written:

> Don't the gators keep the nutria population
> down?  I would have thought that gators would
> find them tasty.  Of course, well fed gators
> tend to breed and become a problem themselves.

Hmmm... well that might work for Lousiana.   Maryland and Deleware are bit
far north for gators.  I think that the southern reaches of the coast of
North Carolina are about as far north as gators get.  Nutria however
apparently have less of a problem with the cold equiped as they are with
little fur coats.  Of course with gobal warming this could all go by the
boards.   But back to swans.  If mute swans really are a problem perhaps
there might be a creative solution.  We could, I suggest, research the
situation.  Perhaps the intrepid of Atlantia and/or the East could harvest
said offending creatures and offer forth a yearly "Swan Feast".  I can see
them armored, shields at the ready, braced to with stand vicious charging
swan.  Remember Leda!

Daniel