[Sca-cooks] Where R we?

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 22:06:25 PST 2004

Hrm, let's see.

Currently, Barony of South Downs in Meridies.  Haven't had
a lot of time to play, but I am digesting my latest book purchases
and studying for some tech certifications.  I've been cooking since I
was 10.

Before South Downs, I lived in the East Kingdom in the shire of
Silver Rylle, up near its border with Eisental.  Before that, in the
East Kingdom in the shire of Blak Rose, and then before that I lived
in Aethelmearc in the shire of Abhain Ciach Ghlaiss, where I was
pretty much one of the founding members (pretty close to it anyway,
I came in a few months after the shire coalesced).

I started cooking in ACG, with THL Ras al Zib, and then I branched
out from there.  I had hoped to help in the kitchen here at Red Tower,
but my boss was a butthead and give me the friday before off so I could
invert my sleep schedule to be awake during the event.

I've done two or three feasts of my own, I'd say I fall under the "decent"
category of cooking since I do it for a hobby, and am prone to adding
slightly modern touches and handling to things while working on a feast
to make a recipe come out better and be more edible to a larger group
of people (I am more about making the people who paid for the feast happy
than I am for showing off a redaction. I have to work on things like holding
meat without overcooking it, course timing, etc, but I get decent reviews.

Current A&S Project: compiling my cooking notes from the various sources
I have read, from my point of view, with redactions, and putting them on my
website.  And writing articles for my local newsletter on each book I have
in my library.

Oh, yeah, designing a "briefcase forge" I can move from site to site easily,
and new garb (viking!), and armor, and.....and....ugh

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson