[Sca-cooks] Exotic but Tasty?

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Sun Nov 7 06:23:26 PST 2004

    The book "Lobscouse and Spotted Dick" is a collection of historic
reciepts for food mentioned in the Patrick Obrien books.  This is the series
that inspired for the film Master and Commander".  The author of L+SD
mentioned that she had persoinally tried every recipe (save bat guano soup
which was even in the series more of a joke than a real dish).  One of these
receipts is for rat.  She stated that though she hated to admit it, the Rat
was actually rather good.

Cheers,
Ranald