[Sca-cooks] Exotic but Tasty?

Leah Adams mogbane at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 19:54:02 PST 2004

> Huette (unsure if gators are edible either)

Mmmm.....yummy. Gators are very edible. I'm lucky enough to live in
the south and we've got a few critter problems that we turn into an
advantage. I've gotten to try gator and rattlesnake. Rattlesnake
doesn't taste like chicken. It tastes like rattlesnake, kind of a
sweet meat. Gator just tastes like meat. We have a vendor that travels
all the shows/concerts/crafts things selling all sorts of interesting
meat. They are now selling nutria, though I haven't gotten the chance
to taste it yet. An overpopulation of these guys means that I get to
be gastronomically adventurous. And I still go awwhhh and get all dewy
eyed when I see these critters when they are alive.

Samira