[Sca-cooks] A Weighty Situation...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 17:05:01 PST 2004

Phlip wrote:

>Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
>And, generally speaking, there is usually a wellness
>

>>factor for overweight people.  So, there's that, then...
>>

>Yeah, that is a factor, but if you're concerned about your health, then DO
>something about it, or else accept that you're going to die sooner than you
>might otherwise, and go on with what's left of your life. I think one of my
>favorite bumper stickers said, " Eat right, exercise, Die anyway".
>
>And I really feel bad for diabetics. Many of them have a constant craving
>for sugar and carbs, and that's really the last thing they need.
>
>But for Blazes Sake, if you don't like yourself the way you are, either do
>something about it, or get counseling to learm to accept youself. Spending
>your time being miserable because you aren't living up to your ideals is NO
>way to go.
>

>>Just don't stop drinking beer!!!!  If everyone did that, then I would be
>>

>the only one left, and
>

>>I'd feel a little silly :)
>>
>>William de Grandfort
>>

>No chance at this end, although many folks seem to try to tell me that what
>I usually drink isn't beer. Hey, I like canoe beer. It's cheap, it's wet,
>and unlike coffee, it's already brewed ;-)
>
>Saint Phlip,
>CoD
>
>"When in doubt, heat it up and hit it with a hammer."
> Blacksmith's credo.
>
> If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably not a
>cat.
>
>Never a horse that cain't be rode,
>And never a rider who cain't be throwed....

We ARE doing something about it....that's the point of the diet.  And if
we're trying to adapt the foods we love so that we can continue to eat
them, that seems to me to be a good thing as well.  It's not that I feel
badly about myself...it's just that, having beat cancer three times, I'd
really like to not have being overweight be the death of me just yet...

Kiri