[Sca-cooks] Gunthar Updates

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 15 11:07:21 PST 2004

> >My personal opinion would be to drop the Benes if you cant get Fava.
> >Kidney beans seem unnecessary on a medieval menu. Perhaps add a grain dish
> >to the second course instead.
>
> I might change to a grain dish, but most folk feel a grain dish is something
> that isn't really part of the meal. Just something to transfer a topping on.

Wow! That's interesting. Though in my area one uses both plain bread and
grain dishes to sop up nummy juices from topping'd dishes, they consider
a plain carb like bread or grain a serious part of the meal, and would
feel that there was somehting missing without one. But I'm in PA Dutchie
country. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling