[Sca-cooks] Quinces and Marmalade

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 12:25:11 PST 2004

--- Mark Hendershott <crimlaw at jeffnet.org> wrote:
> That's the stuff.  I made some which is drying right now.  Basically make
> "quince sauce" in the same way a applesauce then add an equal weight of
> sugar and cook a while longer.  pour out onto parchment paper lined sheet
> pans and let cool.  Let it dry, flipping occasionally.  I think it will
> take a month or so.  We tested it with some cheese.  This is the stuff I
> like so much on a visit to Spain.

I poured my quince paste right onto the countertop, spread it with an offset spatula, and let it
cool until it was cool enough to handle.   I then slipped it into my mold, stamped it, and
unmolded it immediately.  Left on a cookie sheet, it was dry enough to handle without sticking
after only a few hours.  Slightly chewy, but very nice.  I'm assuming the small molded pieces will
dry faster than a large slab of it.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.