[Sca-cooks] Pretzels & bagels

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 17 12:39:54 PST 2004

As a point of interest, I went chasing the terms precedella and brezel
(Latin and German terms for pretzel).  The first appears in Rumpolt (in case
no one has mentioned it).

Googling Brezel provided a link to this interesting site in German (you will
probably want to check both the Geman site and the translation):

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brezel

The site ties the first reference to Brezel to the Council of Lepontinae in
743.  Unfortunately, I haven't as yet been able to track down references to
the council, but I assume it is a rather obscure religious gathering.

Bear