[Sca-cooks] Absinthe

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Nov 17 14:07:31 PST 2004

> One or two glasses of it, drunk slowly, make me feel very floaty. It's less of a feeling of being drunk than high, but no hallucinations or anything like that. Although I would imagine if I drank glass after glass, day after day, I would experience thujone poisoning, but more likely it would be cirrhosis from all of the alcohol. I don't have it very often because I am not a big fan of anise or licorice flavoring.

That would be reasonable: the active ingredients are a nervine-- a mild
nerve poison. Slightly more effective on the central nervous system, in
a different way, than alcohol.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling