Cobb grill/smoker (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Smoking)

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:51:27 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:51:54 -0800 (PST), Robin Carroll-Mann
<rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I bought a small charcoal grill at the thrift shop.  The brand name is Cobb, and I found it on the Web here:
> http://www.cobbq.com/
>
> As I suspected (and the reason I bought it), it can be used for smoking.  Unfortunately, the grill came without instructions, and the website does not have any useful directions.  Has anyone used one of these, and can you advise me on how to set it up for smoking?  TIA.
>
> Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
> Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
> rcmann4 at earthlink.net

>From what I can see at their website, it is a standard hot smoker. You
build your fire
at the bottom, add wet wood chips to it and put the food in the racks
to smoke it.

You would need to monitor the foods to make sure you don't overcook or
oversmoke them.

If you are looking for precise amounts of wood chips, etc, that is
going to vary with the
size of your smoker, what you want to smoke, and how smoky you want it.

Cadoc
(who has played in smoke over the years)

                                    - William Gibson