[Sca-cooks] Sekanjabin Origins\

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Nov 18 12:56:16 PST 2004

> I've seen the word "jalab" used, by modern Middle Eastern grocers, to
> a particular drink syrup flavored with rosewater, but it's quite
> possible that it has or had a broader meaning of "drink syrup" in
> general.

Culpeper refers to jalaps or jalabs as a sort of drink made with
flavored syrup and water. So Sekanjabin would be a sort of jalab, but
jalabs wouldn't necessarily be sekanjabins or oxymels.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling