[Sca-cooks] A question about a book

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Nov 18 13:36:27 PST 2004

> While Googling, I came across this book ...
>
> 	Dangerous Tastes: The Story of Spices
> 	by Andrew Dalby

Wonderful, wonderful book. If you are interested in the history of
spices, you want this books. However, if, like some SCA-cooks, you are
only interested in period manuscripts and/or period recipes, you don't
need it-- it's a secondary and tertiary source, not a primary one.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling