[Sca-cooks]Licorice (was Rosemary & Licorice)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 16:42:33 PST 2004

I think licorice candy was originally made with licorice, and some of the imported stuff still is.  I have a friend with a husband from Holland who likes the stuff imported from there, and, unfortunately, it still contains real licorice.  It looks like regular licorice candy (although it seems to be more squares than twists) so I am assuming it contains extract or pwd herb or something.

Samrah
(who can have licorice now, but thinks it tastes horrid)

Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
> Hmmm. the licorice twists part scares me, because licorice candy is
> often flavored with anise oil rather than licorice...

Perhaps the author is referring to 'real' licorice twists, using real licorice root extract or
other derivative. I once had the opportunity to try 'Pastils' from Norway.... hard little beans
of real licorice candy, coated in salt. Unfortunate.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.