[Sca-cooks] idiots

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Nov 18 18:08:22 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

>   *sigh*
>   So, I was going to help out a friend with a feast (still am). Their
>   local group has very little in the way of serving gear. Well, my local
>   group has lots. So, we could borrow, right? Plus my shire has some stuff
>   that everyone agrees, everytime we get it out, we should get rid of. We
>   could pass it on to another group.
>
>   Well, someone with more time than sense from my group apparently went to
>   people in the other local group and said, "Do you really need to borrow
>   stuff from us?", more or less.
>
>   The people they talked to said, 'Well, everyone before this person has
>   always made it work. Nope, we don't need anything.'
>
>   So the person from my group threw this into the discussion (ok, I think
>   it was because they personally believe every breath I take is wrong) in
>   my local group.
>
>   I dropped the subject.
>
>   Why are non-cooks so sure they know it all about what's needed? and why
>   are people in the darn SCA so territorial about lending and borrowing
>   stuff between groups.
>
>   --
>   -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

I'd say discuss it with your friend, and ask hir to discuss it in the group
meeting, explaining what happened, preferably naming names. If their group
wants to borrow the stuff ask the Head Cook to request the loan from your
Seneschal. You stay out of it. If the one group wants to borrow it, and your
group wants to loan it, or even donate it, fine. If not, serve it on the
floor for all of me- or possibly, tastefully draped over the Nosy Parker's
head.

There's no need for you to get upset or involved, any more than you are
already. Their feast, their problem, whether you help or not.

BTW, I'll be reading your websitre with an eye to editing it, as per your
request. Might be posting you later with questions, etc.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.