Cobb grill/smoker (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Smoking)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 14:55:13 PST 2004

LOL.  In the ad, it states that it is "smoke
free", while later it says it is good for
smoking.

I don't have one of those grills, but I should
imagine you put the bowl in the base.  Then
you put water in the mote.  Then you put the
fire basket into the fire hole.  Put in your
charcoal and lite them.  When they reach the
proper stage, you throw on your wood chips,
which you have soaked in water for 30 min.
The soaking is very necessary to create smoke.
You then put on the grill and your meats and
cover and smoke as long as your recipe states.
The biggest problem I see is making sure that
you have put in enough wood chips to keep smoking
the entire time.  This doesn't look like it
would be too easy to add more chips once you
start.

Huette

--- Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> I bought a small charcoal grill at the thrift
> shop.  The brand name is Cobb, and I found it
> on the Web here:
> http://www.cobbq.com/
>
> As I suspected (and the reason I bought it), it
> can be used for smoking.  Unfortunately, the
> grill came without instructions, and the
> website does not have any useful directions.
> Has anyone used one of these, and can you
> advise me on how to set it up for smoking?
> TIA.
>

> Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
> Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
> rcmann4 at earthlink.net