[Sca-cooks] Overdocumentation

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 16:45:59 PST 2004

Cadoc wrote:
>I was at the Pennsic 25, I think, the one refered to as the "first Mud Pennsic."
I tend not to wear periodish footwear a lot of the time when I need to
be hiking around
a lot (something I am solving this year I think).

I was walking through the food court and this lady stopped me, and
started berating
me for wearing sneakers at Pennsic. I slowly blinked at her, gave her
a smile and
said "Hi my name is Cadoc, what's yours?" and abruptly extended my hand.
She blinked and took my hand and introduced herself (I forget her name now).
I looked up at the sky and commented how it was good rain, straight
up and down,
not the slanty kind that gets in your eyes. She laughed and I bid her
good day and
she forgot about my sneakers. (I never understood how she detected
them under the
layer of mud though)

Sorry, Gunthar.  Should have snipped, but such a cool story bears repeating!

Samrah wrote:
> Your point about the term "nazi" ...snip... more suitable term

Cadoc replied:
>I prefer to call them "martyrs" because they are martyring
themselves on the altar
of authenticity. Noone asked them for the sacrifice of their time or
words, but it is there for
all to see.

PERFECT!  I will do my best to see the term is spread/promoted.  Much better description.

Samrah