[Sca-cooks] Aluminum

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sat Nov 20 18:34:15 PST 2004

Daniel Phelps wrote:

> This off the web...

[snip]

> Wohler is generally credited with having isolated the
> metal in 1827, although an impure form was prepared by
> Oersted two years earlier.

I stand corrected ... but ready to run away in case I am
now scheduled to be flogged.  <g>

I had remembered (alas, a false memory) that Aluminum had
been refined and made into a gift (baby rattle) for a
French prince ... 1700's, 1600's ... one of those.

Daniel, Thanks for proving, once again, that one of the
fastest ways to get good information on the internet is
to send a message with a false assertion.

[snip]

> Daniel

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick