[Sca-cooks] Period politicking

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sat Nov 20 20:43:00 PST 2004

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> [2004.11.21] wrote:
> I personally feel that we should support Cesare
> Borgia and unite the Italian states under his
> leadership!  Go Cesare!
>
> That would be period politicking.

We can do period religious arguments too!

The enervating "men" (shaven heads and dressed like women or tralls) who
nag me to abandon the gods that my father and is father before him (etc)
have honored. They have served me well, and what better example to place
before my son can I find than Tyr, who kept his word -- knowing the
price he would pay -- when none other dared do what what was needed? And
on top of that risk bad luck on the farm and my kin by not sacrifying to
the gods and offer gifts to the small ones? It might perhaps have been a
good thing to pay homage to the white christ in his own lands, in the
service of a king ruling in his name, but here, just two days ride from
Uppsala?

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Q: Why did Arnold Schwartzenegger and Maria Shriver get married?
A: They're trying to breed a bullet proof Kennedy.  -- (rec.humor.funny)