[Sca-cooks] period recipes for holiday gifts

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 02:37:48 PST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:54:40 -0600, Stefan li Rous
<stefanlirous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Anahita commented:

> I assume you are saying the problem is something in the skin of the
> pepper pod and not your skin? White pepper has the skin removed, right?
> Would using white pepper instead of black pepper help? I wonder how the
> fineness of the grinding would make a difference.
>
> Stefan

Yeah, black pepper starts red and is boiled to make it black, then dried.
White pepper is from the same plant, but they soak the berries to
soften them and then remove the outer parts.(If you look at the inside
of a black peppercorn, it is white).

This is a good site I found for spices:

http://www.iisr.org/spices/blackpepper.htm

Cadoc