[Sca-cooks] Re: period recipes for holiday gifts

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Sun Nov 21 04:11:45 PST 2004

Kiri uge-ber:

> I also do mustards, particularly the red mustard from Platina.  I make
> lemon curd, as well.  I have also baked cookies...I do a shortbread with
> minced candied ginger in it that folks seem to enjoy.  Last year I found
> a marvelous recipe for Pear Butter, but when my computer bit the "big
> one", I seem to have lost the recipe...boo, Hiss.  Most of the things I
> make are given in person so I don't have to worry about breakage.  I
> suspect that the Alaju that I shared the recipe back a day or so ago
> would be a good gift as well...it's incredibly easy to make, and it is
> really good.

Sensei, that is *almost* incentive enough for me to move back to Atlantia!
:)

I've actually started doing the same here with friends and family.  Keeps me
in practice since I've been absent from the Society, and for some reason
now, all of my ladies family look at my cookbook collection before buying me
gifts. It also saves my herb garden from the annual redecoration/landscaping
wrecking ball that I live with!