[Sca-cooks] Recipe help- OOP

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 00:49:06 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:05:04 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> However, in the interests of fairness, I'm going to post the recipe, and see
> if those of you familiar with this kind of dog-n-pony show might tell me
> what might be wrong, from Margali's expectations. The only difference I made
> from the recipe was that we only have Jasmine rice- might that be a
> difference that makes a difference?

Yeah, from playing with the two - Jasmine is more glutinous - so it you
cook it as directed it would come out sticky.   Soak your rice longer
and start it out in warm water - then rinse it before you continue. I
usually rinse rice till the water comes clean, and rinse with hot water
if I don't want the rice to be sticky.

I believe the soaking step 3 is intended to draw out the starches that caused
your rice to stick on step 4.

I'm going to go get some non-brown rice (basmati) like it calls for
and see what I can do with this later in the week and see how it comes
out for me.  I only tend to have brown rice on hand normally.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson