[Sca-cooks] Brand new to the list

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 17:21:17 PST 2004

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 11/22/2004 7:08:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:
>Or, and this is open to others, What is your favorite medieval dish
>which you've cooked and why?
>I'd say the often overused (In Atlantia anyway) Savory Toasted Cheese, once
>declared the Atlantian National Dish. Make a batch up every now and then for
>home consumption, simply because over the right veggies, or even roast beef,
>it's tasty and Atkins friendly.
>
>Close second would be macrows I guess.
>
>Corwyn

We just found the ultimate in decadence with this dish.  It's not what
Digby intended, but oh my...try mixing fresh crab meat with it.  Then
serve it with bread or...even better...over steamed asparagus!!!  We
tried it and I thought I had died and gone to heaven...and it's mostly
South Beach friendly...especially if we use low-fat cream cheese.

Kiri