[Sca-cooks] Re: OT Cholesterol

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 23 10:40:27 PST 2004

Stephen Bloch wrote:
<lots of interesting stuff.>

 I always figured the industry reponse had to be based on money and not
on health. Not that I really buy into the "evil corporations" stuff, but
it didn't make sense any other way.

I think the similar thread in our stories is that we selected a style of
preparing and eating food, based a good deal on our own efforts, and to
meet our own individual goals. We did NOT go on a diet, we changed the
way we eat, and in some cases, our lifestyle.

One amusing couple for me to out to eat with are friends of ours who are
on either end of the spectrum. He is on a low-carb diet, and that is
part of his regimen for controlling his diabetes by diet. She is on a
high-carb, low-fat diet for some reason I cannot remember. Usually, once
the meals arrive at the table, there is a flurry of swapping between
plates, then everybody is happy!

Aoghann
now... on to a food question...