[Sca-cooks] Oh, help help!!! Firefox v. IE

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Nov 23 18:48:18 PST 2004

Bill Fisher wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:52:44 -0500, Bill Fisher
> <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:38:15 -0500, Irmgart Hasenschlaf
> > <irmgart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have that problem sometimes if I'm running firefox
> > > on 98SE and close it... but if I 'strike any key to
> > > continue" it's fine, just a blip when it closes, and
> > > it doesn't do it every time.
> > >
> > > -Irmgart
> >
> > I checked about the net, and other folks with 98 are
> > having similar issues.  It is something the Mozilla
> > folks are hoping to address in the next version.
> >
> > Cadoc
>
> Speaking of odd issues, I have tried to post to list
> about looking for a kitchen or restaraunt supply store
> in the Atlanta area....from what I am seeing those
> posts did not make it to the list, but my replies do?
>
> Is anyone else having similar problems with
> non-threaded e-mails?
>
> Cadoc

The list server has these two user selectable options
which may be having an impact on your messages ...

(1) Receive your own posts to the list?

    Ordinarily, you will get a copy of every message
    you post to the list. If you don't want to receive
    this copy, set this option to No.

(2) Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

    When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc:
    headers of a list message, you can opt to not
    receive another copy from the mailing list.

HTH ... but YMMV

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick