[Sca-cooks] Pirozhki`s (was Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread) OT

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 24 09:43:02 PST 2004

Martin G. Diehl wrote:

>"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:
>
>>Also sprach Martin G. Diehl:
>>
>>>Well ... what I said *was* true ... ahhh errr mumble
>>>mumble years ago.
>>>
>>"Vera, I swear to you on my life, you don't look a day
>>over 65!"
>>        --Max Bialystock
>>

>One of my favorite! movies.  How did you know?
>
>So very New York with fast paced dialog and instant
>twisted comebacks.

I am given to understand that they will be making a feature film of Mel
Brooks' adaptation of his own film into the huge stage musical hit.
 It's in pre-production;  IMDB lists Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick,
Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman.  Slated for 2005 release.  Honestly, I
cannot wait!  <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395251/>

Is Nathan Lane really trying to trace all of Zero Mostel's steps on
Broadway?  First A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM, then
THE PRODUCERS.  What next, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF?

Selene, going to work now.  NO, not like that!