[Sca-cooks] Period gifts in jars

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 11:29:26 PST 2004

--- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Besides, beer doesn't come in jars, they come
> in bottles.

Oh, I beg to differ, dear lady!  My beer comes in jars!  Great, thick, beautiful jars, the size of
a human head, at least!!

> FYI, a jar is a cylindrical broad-mouthed vessel
> of earthenware or glass.

Exactly!!  And full of BEER!!!

 A bottle is a hollow,
> narrow-necked vessel without handles, made of
> glass or earthenware.

Narrow-necked, and without handles???  What madness drove them to put beer into *that* kind of
vessel??  You can't get a decent stagger going if you don't have a handle to hold your beer up!!
What about the sway-and-slosh factor??  You can't get a good slosh out of a narrow-necked bottle,
that's for sure.

Nope.  It's jarred beer, or nothing at all, I say!!

William de Grandfort
(all in jest, of course)

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.