[Sca-cooks] HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:27:35 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:03:34 -0600, Joanne Clyde <jmknoppe at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans!

As a typical American....I gotta work tonight.   But I will be cooking
some stuff for my roomate, her boyfriend and myself on Saturday,
I think, or I really have no idea yet :-)  But I did buy a small ham
(I eat turkey normally) and the rest of the stuff I need.

At the very least I am going to make an apple-almond tart, or so I think.
(recipe will be posted once I create it ;-)  and I will measure, unlike my
other "ingredients list recipes" I measure everything while baking)

My boss is supposed to be supplying a real turkey dinner for us
tonight at work, southern style.   I made a request for regular
potatos as my palette doesn't seem to like sweet potatos
(though my Mom claims I loved them as a kid, bleah)

Southern style tends to frighten me, I keep thinking of the Paula
Dean recipes from the food channel.  Her recipes scare the heck
out of me, probably for no good reason.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson