[Sca-cooks] non-dairy chocolate cheesecake

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Nov 25 18:17:54 PST 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Cynara mentioned:
> > We are off to mother-in-law's to cook herbed pork roast
> > and try the non-dairy chocolate cheesecake.

> Huh? How can you have "*non-dairy* chocolate cheesecake"?

> Is this like those tofu turkeys?
>
> Stefan

IMO, "non-dairy" relates to inventiveness.

I remember seeing linguini with white clam sauce at a Bar
Mitzvah.

I was curious and asked the caterer, "How do you make kosher
white clam sauce?"

The expansive grin on his face told me that he liked the
question and he was well pleased to answer, "Perch."

"tofu turkeys" -- that is such a grody concept ... possibly
even devoid of any redeeming features.

Would "*non-dairy* chocolate cheesecake", "tofu turkeys", and
"white clam sauce (from perch)" all count as "illusion foods"?

BTW, Do we have minimum standards as to what would be enough
to squick the cooks list?

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick