[Sca-cooks] Fruitcakes

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Nov 26 13:35:01 PST 2004

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:

> Also sprach Kathleen A Roberts:
> >On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:57:06 GMT
> >  "rtanhil" <rtanhil at fast.net> wrote:
> >>Sad, but true:
> >>
> >>I am one of the 4 people on Earth that like fruitcake.
> >>Another is my mother, whom I blame.
> >
> >guess that makes me the third. 8)  and dundee cake.
> >
> >wonder who number four is.
>
> Possibly me. I'm a fan of the standard Irish Christmas
> Cake, which has a lot of dried fruit and nuts, a little
> bit of candied peel

[sniup]

> In general, I'm not a big fan of the darker, heavier
> fruitcakes, although I think I had something that was,
> I think, an English-style fruitcake that may have been
> tampered with by some Jamaicans, and that was quite good...
>
> "Do we baaaake the cake? No, no, no, no!
> Do we steeeeaaaam the cake? No, no, no..."
>
> (50 extra super special points for the first person to
> get _that_ obscure reference.)
>
> Adamantius

I have _no_ idea about "bake the cake, ... steam the cake"
... but it did remind me of this          <g>

"Filks Man Was Not Meant To Knows"
http://www.sabledrake.com/2002/0205_cthulhu_filks.shtml

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick