[Sca-cooks] Period gifts in jars

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 17:58:19 PST 2004

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> Creole mustard? How does that differ from other mustards?
> --maire, who's done some nummy pork ribs in barbeque sauce and bourbon

Creole Mustard is (usually) a coarse grain mustard flavored with garlic, onion, molasses and
various other spices, giving it a zesty, spicy (but not hot) flavor.

A big hit at the Cajun restaurant I worked at was Cornish Game Hen brined in Creole Mustard and
Cider, and then deep fried.  Not exactly 'Cajun', but then most of our specials were 'Cajun
Inspired' French.

William de Grandfort

=====
She was freezer burn...... all else is only icing.