[Sca-cooks] Fruitcakes

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Nov 27 06:45:34 PST 2004

Also sprach CorwynWdwd at aol.com:
>In a message dated 11/27/2004 12:31:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>karobert at unm.edu writes:
>>>  "Do we baaaake the cake? No, no, no, no! Do we
>>>steeeeaaaam the cake?
>>>  No, no, no..."
>>>
>>>  (50 extra super special points for the first person to
>>>get _that_
>>>  obscure reference.
>I somehow missed the origonal post, but it reminds me of "The Rasta Cheif"
>from, I THINK Saturday Night Live. He would then say we light it up and smoke
>it<G>.
>
>Corwyn

Okay. Close. 48.5 Super Special Points for you, I'd say. It was "The
Ganja Gourmet" (although I think  they may have made up title cards,
or whatever they did in TV studios 20 years ago, with "The Rasta
Gourmet" as an occasional alternate title...). The show (talk about
obscure references) was called "Fridays".

"Do we stoff de feesh wit de onions and garlic? No, no, no, no! Do we
stoff it wit de ginger root, mon? No, no, no no! We stoff it wit de
GANJA!!! And now it's time to cook de feesh. Do we bake de feesh? No,
no, no no! Do we fry de feesh? No, no, no no! Do we steam de feesh in
our bamm-boo steamer, mon? No, no no no! We SMOOOOOOOKE de feesh!"

Adamantius ("Warning: The Surgeon-General of the United States has
conducted studies that show...")

brioche!" / "If they have no bread, you have to say, let them eat
brioche."
Rousseau, "Confessions", pub 1782

Holt, 07/29/04