[Sca-cooks] WANTED: marzepan in Munich

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Nov 27 08:58:22 PST 2004

Also sprach Mary Morman:
>gentles,
>i will be in munich for the weekend over the 12-13th of december and
>want to buy marzepan.  does anyone have any specific ideas where to
>go or a specific shop to recommend.  i'm not looking for some little
>bit to munch - i'm looking for 5 or 10 kilos to take home to use for
>12th night.
>elaina

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to buy it in Munich and
go to the trouble of getting that much of it home, when you should be
able to get it more or less locally? If nothing else, I'll bet
there's a SCAdian who'd be glad to make it for you at cost or for a
sufficiently low markup as to make it cheaper, more convenient, and
at no lesser quality than an imported product?

Or is there some hidden significance to the concept of Münchner Marzipan?

Adamantius

brioche!" / "If they have no bread, you have to say, let them eat
brioche."
Rousseau, "Confessions", pub 1782

Holt, 07/29/04