[Sca-cooks] Aluminum

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Nov 28 13:55:56 PST 2004

Betsy Marshall wrote:

> "I seem to recall"(tm)

Love that line.  Do I need any special permission to use
those words in lieu of a predetermined exit?  <g>

[snip]

> Pyro

[snip]

> Bear
>
> > > I had remembered (alas, a false memory) that Aluminum
> > > had been refined and made into a gift (baby rattle)
> > > for a French prince ... 1700's, 1600's ... one of
> > > those.

... 'alas, a false memory' which strongly reminds me that ...

       HIS golden locks Time hath to silver turn'd;
         O Time too swift, O swiftness never ceasing!
       His youth 'gainst time and age hath ever spurn'd,
         But spurn'd in vain; youth waneth by increasing:
       Beauty, strength, youth, are flowers but fading seen;
       Duty, faith, love, are roots, and ever green.

George Peele (1558?–97); 102. "A Farewell to Arms" (To Queen
Elizabeth)

Arthur Quiller-Couch, ed. 1919. "The Oxford Book of English Verse:
1250–1900"

Bartelby.com
http://www.bartleby.com/101/102.html

> > Truth to tell I thought that it has been purified from
> > cryolite a bit earlier and was rather surprised that it
> > was "discovered" so late.
> >
> > Daniel

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick