[Sca-cooks] Circles

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 29 05:47:59 PST 2004

Hunter/gatherer cultures do build permanent shelters (consider the Inuit),
and they may or may not spend a lot of time migrating, but they do have to
travel to find food.  Hunting and gathering are ongoing processes regularly
repeated at short intervals which cuts into any other work requiring
extended effort.  Building big monuments doesn't fit into the lifestyle.

Agrarian cultures have down periods in the spring before planting, after
planting before harvest, and after harvest before winter.  Even with two or
three crops per year, there are weeks to months of available time suited to
building monuments.

Bear