[Sca-cooks] Circles

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Mon Nov 29 17:39:45 PST 2004

Micheal wrote:

> Ouch asked for that didn`t I. lol

>  Actualy it was a suggestion as to how such numbers of
> people could be present. Not realy meant as a commentary
> of types.

> Ancient trade centers were often developed by such
> circumstances as where Tribes, for lack of a better
> word, met.

Some of the references I have seen  claim a connection
between trade and Standing Stones sites.

>  Consider that they have not figured out the why`s of
> the circles in the first place.

Quite true.

Even for a site with a dramatic sun alignment we can't be
sure that was the primary purpose.

As to the sun alignments, I think that was intentional
rather than accidental.  Especially sites that are
close together -- e.g. the combination of
    Dowth (winter solstice sunset alignment);
    Knowth (equinox sunset alignment); and
    Newgrange (winter solstice dawn sun alignment).

>  Da

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick