[Sca-cooks] Cookie Exchange

Mark S. Harris MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 29 22:36:11 PST 2004

> > Ok, I have four participants so far. Here they are with dates.
> >
> > Elewyiss (me)  Dec 21
> > William de Grandfort  (Chris Stanifer)
> > Lonnie Harvel
> > AEsa   (RJ)   Dec 10
> >
> > This means we have 20 days left. Lonnie was going to look at her
> > calander> and pick a date, and William did not list one. Did you
> have one or
> > should we
> > reach in the hat for you?
> >
> > If I'm butting in and taking over just let me know. I'll back off.
> > Elewyiss
If the whole idea of this procedure is to minimize traffic on the list,
it really isn't working. We are getting one message from each person
asking for a date, and that's only if there aren't duplicate requests
because of the usual list delays. Then we will get at least one more
with the actual recipe.

1)I suggest folks should just go ahead and post their cookie recipe(s)
but folks should randomly wait a bit so they don't all get posted at
once. We have several weeks. No reason to rush. Their might be a few
that come in on the same day and then a day with none. So? That's still
better than 30 or 40 all on the same day.

or
2) Everyone send to Elewyiss by private email, if Elewyiss is willing,
a list of three dates in order of preference and then Elewyiss and
email back to each person the date to post their recipe.

Personally, I vote for the first since it is simpler and no single
person has to do a lot of work. And no one has to be overly concerned
about posting their recipe on their date and not on some other day.

Stefan
Who doesn't think he has any favorite, tested recipe, but will look.
However he is certainly willing to collect those of others for future
use.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com