[Sca-cooks] period menus

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 2 23:34:09 PDT 2004

Serena da Riva commented:
>  One of the
> things in Rumpoldt that I have not seen translated are the various
> menus in the front of his text. I want to have a better idea about
> what dishes would have been served and in what order to improve my
> accuracy. Since the menus are straightforward listings of dishes
> without any additional nouns, verbs or adjectives I thought it would
> be a good project for myself who has never attempted to translate or
> read even modern german.
Serena,

If you do end up translating these menus, I'd love to have them for the
Florilegium. Either to add to this file,
p-menus-msg       (49K)  3/21/01    Examples of medieval feast menus.
or perhaps as their own file.

Since my standard policy is to accept updates, you could update this
work as your language ability improves or as folks point out
improvements to you. Particularly for the latter, it would be nice to
have both the original German and your translations in the same file if
possible and copyright law allows.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas