[Sca-cooks] Pears in cream?

Terri Morgan nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Wed Oct 6 08:06:47 PDT 2004

Help!
   I was taught a recipe a long, long time ago of pears stewed in a heavy
cream with various spices... told that it was "period", I've never bothered
to go searching for the actual recipe in print. Tomorrow I'm doing a small
demo at a weaver's guild meeting and it's a potluck - it occurs to me that
"they say it's period" really isn't going to cut it for my level of
authenticity. Does anyone have any quickie information about where I could
find the recipe (does it really exist)? I mean... I'm going to keep making
and eating it but that doesn't mean I'll be willing to tell folks that it
was served in the medieval period!
   I looked in the Miscellany but was boggled by the list of other online
recipe collections.

in haste (gotta love procrastination),
Hrothny