[Sca-cooks] Allergies (was Commercial Mustard ingredients)

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Oct 16 09:46:42 PDT 2004

Back in August, Petru wrote:

>When using wine, you also must be careful of wine-related allergies;
>
>I remember an event when one of our local shire members *loved* the mustards,
>and conveniently forgot to tell me about any allergies until , well, after he
>was violently sick that night.
>
>(Yes, I did feel bad, but I always warn everyone to tell me of allergies
>'before' the feast, so what more can I do...)

I always have several copes of a list of all the ingredients in every
dish, so that anyone with allergies who has not gotten in touch in
advance can check the list to see what is safe. I have a copy at the
gate (check-in table), another posted by the kitchen, and a few more
available; I make sure the servers know about the existence of this
list. Now if people don't check the list, there's not a whole lot you
can do.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook