[Sca-cooks] What was old is new again...and not cheap! ;o)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Oct 23 09:11:17 PDT 2004

I saw this in our local paper on "food section" day (Wednesday), and
just had to share with you-all.  The byline says it originally came from
the _Chicago Tribune_, but gives no other source info.

"Pears that sizzle"
"Mostarda Montovana di Pere--pear "mustard," a chutney-like
condiment--from Mantova, Italy, dazzled tasters for several reasons: the
slinky candied pear slices have a great if unusual texture, and their
fruity-sweet flavor gets bolstered with the heat from mustard essence.
It would be wonderful on a bread and cheese platter, or paired with beef
or ham for a fancy sandwich.  A 7.85-ounce jar costs $12 at specialty
grocers."

Sillies! Don't they realize that is should be served with fish, to
balance the humours??? <weg>

--maire, laughing all the way to her copy of Welserin....