[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks) onion soup...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 1 22:27:51 PDT 2004

A tricky time and place to document.  Domestroi is the only source I can
think of, and it is slightly out of period and limited on culinary
information (IIRC).  I have a translated copy, but I've only skimmed it for
research on trenchers.  I also have some peripheral sources that might be of
use in putting together a relatively accurate perioid feast.  Were you
thinking of Moscow or the Georgian border as southern?

I did Russian for the Baron and Baroness's lunch a number of years ago, from
traditional, but modern Jewish Russian recipes.  I've added more academic
material since then, but I may not be able to come up with any better
recipes.

If you like, I'll be happy to help with the research, but it will need to
wait a couple weeks until Protectorate is out of the way.

Bear