[Sca-cooks] frozen dolmas

Avraham haRofeh avrahamharofeh at herald.sca.org
Sun Oct 3 12:48:37 PDT 2004

> I am thinking about doing some grapeleaves, stuffed with rice, minced
> raisins, parsley & mint for war.  Has anyone ever tried freezing these?

I haven't done so, but it sounds like they ought to freeze fine. Just be
certain to heat them thoroughly (steaming would work well) so the starches
in the rice will uncrystallize - if you don't, the rice will be like little
rocks (assuming you use regular long-grain rice).

Reb Avraham haRofeh
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
Quarterly azure and argent, four mascles counterchanged
Random Tag: What makes you think God is straight?