[Sca-cooks] where do I buy an indulgence for SCA-Cooks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Oct 3 15:48:31 PDT 2004

Also sprach Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise:
>I know that I can get an indulgence from the Vatican for committing a
>sin in advance--

Cute idea, but I'm pretty sure this isn't as easy as it was in the
15th century... ;-)

>  but how do I get forgiveness in advance for committing
>a sin against SCA Cooks?
>
>I'm doing this dayboard. The theme of the event is Viking era Rus. I've
>put some time into researching this, though not much. As we all know,
>there's not much out there to find. :)
>
>What I really want to do is two soups and a variety of little snacky
>things. (Yes, I know that the notion of zakuski is 19th century in
>origin... but putting little plates of things out for visitors is at
>least mentioned in the Domostroi).
>
>However, I may be either not using period recipes, using adapted recipes
>(like the pears with cucumbers and figs by Woys Weaver), or adapting
>recipes myself-- such as making onion sops with beer instead of wine,
>and possibly without milk...
>
>I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I'll print out a little handout that says
>which is which! But I can't really see any other way to do it, without
>working my fingers to the bone and/or going over budget...

If the event is in the East, you can talk to Thora Sharptooth about
having a little rubber stamp made with her likeness or sign imprinted
therein...

Adamantius
Holt, 07/29/04