[Sca-cooks] frozen dolmas

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 3 19:35:36 PDT 2004

Samrah mentioned:
> I am thinking about doing some grape leaves, stuffed with rice, minced
> raisins, parsley & mint for war.  Has anyone ever tried freezing these?
That info isn't in this file, but perhaps this file might be of
interest, anyway.
grape-leaves-msg  (20K)  6/18/02    Use of grape leaves in cooking.
Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/grape-leaves-msg.html

Recently we've made two trips to a Mediterranean restaurant here in
town and I had one of their dolmas with a salad the first time and
ordered a side dish of them the second night. These were the best I've
ever had. Although there is more to it than this, I think one of the
reasons was that these were served warm and not cold or at room
temperature, which is how I've had them previously. The next time I buy
some at say, Central Market, to take home I'm going to have to try
warming them up.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas