[Sca-cooks] Images of rolling pins

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 4 10:32:53 PDT 2004

Daniel Myers wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Kerri Martinsen wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any images of rolling pins around?  I'm trying to
>> pass a
>> badge for a kingdom notable and need documentation for the icon.
>

> There's a rolling pin clearly visible in the painting "Kitchen" by
> Vincenzo Campi (ca. 1580).  You can see it online at the Web Gallery
> of art:
>
>     http://gallery.euroweb.hu/art/c/campi/vincenzo/2kitchen.jpg

These appear to be untapered and without distictive handles.  Therefore
you could blazon it as a Billet [a vertical rectangle, possibly a bit
short and squat for an actual rolling pin] or possibly as a Pale or Fess
Couped [vertical or horizontal stripe extending most of the way from end
to end of the field, cut at the ends to form a longer rectangle].

Heraldicook Selene