[Sca-cooks] Fabrication?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 14:56:04 PDT 2004

Also sprach <kingstaste at mindspring.com>:
>No, she wasn't talking about the Knife Skills, she was saying that the term
>applied to anything that had to be broken down into component parts.  I got
>the impression she was talking about primal and then smaller cuts.   The
>vegetables were a different matter altogether.
>Christianna

The only thing I can think of, then, is that the term may be imported
from industrial food service (stuff like airline food, cafeteria
food, etc.,), to describe the process of breaking down primary cuts
into whatever pieces are usable to them. Certainly I never heard that
term used in a hotel or restaurant.

Adamantius

--
"As long as but a hundred of us remain  alive, never will we on any
conditions be brought under English rule.  It is in truth not for

Holt, 07/29/04