[Sca-cooks] Re: Good News!

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 11 05:22:31 PDT 2004

Congratulations to you both!

Adamantius wrote:
>And in the case of Heidrekr, our companions of High Orders of Merit,
>which are armigerous-type awards. However, it's these same Eastern
>non-peers who've generally participated in the A&S war point at
>Pennsic, against the Laurels of another Kingdom. Kinda like an
>Unbelted versus Belted Champions Battle...

>'Nuff said?

Interkingdom anthropology...  Maunches are a polling order and as such it
takes quite a while to get a concensus on a person.  I'm wondering if the
Eastern Maunche might be closer to Laurels for other kingdoms where their
intermediate award is not a polling order.  And FYI, there has only once
been an A&S war point at Pennsic, at least since PW 17.  It  was around
(1993 or 4??).  All the rest have been Exhibitions.  After having written a
number of sentences I've deleted my comments on Pennsic A&S _competitions_.
Why take into the arts the problems that arise on the battlefield?

Alys Katharine